Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Binder

I was reminded early this morning that I have another organizational tool that I have not shared with you all.  It goes perfectly in my space with the class folders and clipboards.  This is my extra copies binder.  It sounds so trivial, but once again, this is another tool that has saved me so much time and headache.

Every time I run copies of anything homework or notes related, I make extra copies and put it in the binder.  I've found that take 8-10% of your class (maybe more if it's notes over a longer unit) is the perfect amount.  My class of 31 gets 3 extra copies in their space. 

This is great because if a student needs a copy of notes or lost their copy of homework, they can go over to the binder and get it without having to ask me.  I don't have a printer in my room so it saves me from having to quick run down to the printer or writing myself a note to remember to make X copy for so-and-so.

I have the binder divided by level.  I also have a few extra sections of stuff: empty foldables, retake forms, etc.  Every quarter I remove any white papers (all of my notes are colored, so I like to keep those in there) to clean it out. 

This works really well! The only time kids have to ask me for something is if all of the copies are gone out of the binder. With it being only a binder too, it doesn't take up a lot of space.


No comments:

Post a Comment